Who is Jon Goings?
I am a freelance photographer based in Winnipeg Manitoba, specializing in landscapes and event portraiture. An alumnus of Providence University College in Otterburne, I studied Communications & Media and Sociology. This faith-based journey has helped shape my thoughts on culture, through the duality of practical and theoretical views. I stand at a crossroads between interests in visual representation and epistemology, where creativity and knowledge collide to form my perspective of a dreamer.
As a member of both the Winnipeg Photo Community and Manitoba Foto Friends, I actively network with local peers and make use of opportunities available. Fortunately, my work was featured in the all-positive publication Lionface: The Sentient, which strived to help people know better, feel better, and live better. This is my desire for you as well.
I want to show how meaningful the world and its unique people are.
Join the goings-on.
"The relationship between humans and landscape is that of the world which looks at the world." - Sarah Hill
Companies who have bought my work:
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba
- Providence University College and Theological Seminary
- Providence University College Student Council
- Various musicians (Mad Young Darlings, Aslan's Child, Once Lost, Lumber River Quartet, Scribe, Queen's Brigade, Daniel Pol)
Non-profits I support:
- International Dark-Sky Association (2015)
- Manitoba Foto Friends (2013)
- World Vision Canada (2008)